Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Rose Berger

There seems to be some energy here to online community and conversation. I’m also interested in digging into this stuff more deeply and send prayers to everyone attending the Philly gathering. I’m very sorry to miss it. [Note: Lift up a prayer for my sister-in-law Michelle who just had major surgery for kidney cancer. I’m headed to Edmonds, WA from 10/16-10/25 to take care of my niece and nephews for the week, in case any of you are also there.]

As per David’s comment, it seems like there could be an innovative way of carrying on online conversation that tracks these threads. I threw up (ick) an e-blog at http://unhewnstone.blogspot.com/ that is limited to all the people in this e-list (right now, no one else can comment on the blog or read it, but all of you can) and I’ve sent email invitations to this e-list. Maybe this is a helpful way to keep the conversation going. If we decide to migrate the conversation to someone’s permanent web site (feral Christian or ched myers or rosemarieberger ) then it’s not hard to do that.

If the eblog thing works and you want me to add folks, just send me their email and I’ll add them.

Love to you all—

Rose

Book/Resource suggestions:

>Kelly Johnson's Fear of Beggars: Stewardship and Poverty in Christian Ethics

>Theodore Hiebert's The Yahwist's Landscape: Nature and Religion in Early Israel

>Rita Nakashima Brock and Rebecca Ann Parker’s Saving Paradise: How Christianity Traded Love of This World for Crucifixion and Empire

No comments: