Thursday, October 15, 2009

From David F

Greetings everybody,

About 12 or so years ago I registered the domain name “feralchristian.com” in hopes that I might stimulate some sort of dialogue around an emerging body of insights that had been grabbing me for quite a few years prior, having to do with the bible’s persistent call to undomestication and reindigenization throughout its witness. Ched and I had been talking about this stuff since the early 90’s when it became apparent we had reached similar points in our engagements with scripture, he from his peace and justice work and study, and I from work in the arts, liturgy, and reflection on the metaphoric consciousness of Jesus.

However, it turned out I was more “web-averse” than I had bargained on, and so have only one meager, introductory piece on the site:

http://www.feralchristian.com
(the rock heap turns into an ENTER button)

The renewed energy in these responses to Ched’s invitation to us is encouraging, though! I for one would appreciate following through in multi-logue on all this from the many vantage points we all are coming from. Maybe I’ll even be inspired to learn how to build a proper website that can host some of the “alt-study” materials that Wes refers to. (Really, no promises here!)

In the meantime, I just want to add my voice to those who sense an emerging focus of biblical engagement that can move us beyond the descriptive/referential theologies that have so distorted the gospel call to participation in God’s astonishing gratuities. I greatly look forward to whatever comes of this.

peace & blessings,

david

No comments: